Computer Desk, Finished (part 3)


June 15, 2015

(part 1) (part 2) I actually managed to finish this project surprisingly quickly. I think I only spent about 10 hours total building it.

Anyhow, I decided to abandon the vertical plywood since I liked how the desk looked without it and it turned out to not need any additional support that the plywood would have offered.

I also decided that, in the interest of cable management, I wanted a few holes that went through the surface of the desk (where, eventually, cables will land in wire cable racks). I settled on linseed oil over tung oil since it was cheaper ($9 for an 8oz bottle of tung vs $9 for a quart of linseed) and I didn’t want to get too little and have to get more in the middle of the project.

And, here’s the finished product:

Due to not including the vertical plywood siding, I actually ended up with an unused sheet of plywood so the final cost (once I return the plywood sheet) came out to only $90!

Here’s what it looks like when I got it in place and the stuff moved on to it:


Categories: Woodworking, Computer_Desk,